Wednesday, July 2, 2014

TV Shelf

The tv needed a shelf to sit on.  I went back and forth as to whether or not I wanted to hang it on the wall or just make a shelf.  So I went with a shelf.  I found a scrap piece of wood in hubby's work shop that was already stained so I had to sand it down to restain it.   Then I found another board in the barn that was used for something else and I ran that through the planer to make it thinner and help take the stain off that. 

I cut the one board in half and then pocket screwed it together to make the top of the shelf.
That is what it look like after I sanded it, screwed it together and routed an edge on it.  I then stained the top with General Finishes Brown Mahogany stain and put a few coats of wipe on poly on it.

I then pocket screwed the sides together after I had painted them black.  Then pocket screwed that to the top of it.

Here's the dresser and tv before I moved the mini fridge into our closet.
This is what it looked like after I moved the fridge.  I just took 2 small pieces of wood to lift the dvd player up some so the tv would be level.




And here it is now.


There a little snap shot of what I am doing now.  I wanted to paint the room the same color as the kitchen and get rid of the blue.  I like the blue but just can't live with the blue it's just so dark and it's not even close to the blue in the quilt. Here's where I talked about wanting to change the color.

Eventually I'd like to get a tv that is a bit smaller.  I know I measured a newer one that doesn't have the big "frame" around the screen and we could get the same size screen and the tv will be much smaller than that one. 







No comments:

Post a Comment