Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Table Top Is Done!

There isn't much time to work on the things I want to do around the house.  I've been working on finishing cabinets for a kitchen remodel.  We were contracted to make all the trim and cabinets.

Tonight I finally got the last coat of wipe on poly on the table top!  One day soon I'll have to put it together and then the table will be complete!


I didn't stain all the way to the bottom of the legs since I plan on cutting the bottoms off.  The legs are for a butcher block.  They were the bulkiest legs Lowe's had but will need to be cut down to table height. 

I glued and screwed the boards together. I did plane and join them down some to make them go together a little better.  I wanted it rustic but not so rustic there were huge gapes between the boards.  With 4 boys that would be a food nightmare to clean up!!

I've got 2 coats of stain and 7 coats of wipe on poly on it.  I did the same with the legs and apron boards.

That plywood you see in the picture above, we were using that as our table top to enlarge the oval table we have.  It's a round pedestal table that you can extend to seat 6.  It wasn't very room though so we added the plywood to the top and then put a table cloth over it.  It then could seat 10 very comfortably and 12 if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment