First I took it apart. I unscrewed the hanger bolts (dowel screws) from the base of the table.
I then took the legs off. Hubby and I cut the pedestal down on the table saw. Then I added some blocks to the inside of the base since the material was thinner there. After the glue was dry I used the drill press to drill new holes for the screws to go back in. After putting the screws back into the base I put the table all back together!
Here's the ottoman we were using which was borrowed from the family room:
Here's the repurposed table now!
The table originally had a white base and very light stained top. It now has a black base and Early American minwax stained top.
Linked up with: