Lucky for me, my kitchen isn't done yet. That made it very easy to sand the face frames down and restain them.
Here's what they looked like before I sanded them down.
I sanded them down to bare wood so I could restain them.
I used the General Finishes Java gel on them. I put on 3 thin coats then 4 coats of satin wipe on poly. For the kitchen window, since it wasn't taking the stain well even with a pre stain conditioner, I used Sherwin Williams brown dye first then 1 coat of Java over it after letting the dye sit for 5 minutes.
Here's the kitchen now.
I have all the wood stained and ready for hubby to make the end panels for the 2 upper cabinets. I also have the toe kick material half finished. There is still a lot to to in the kitchen though.