Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Disaster Room No More!

I can't believe his room ever got this bad.  He kept refusing to clean it.  I told him he's either going to help clean it or everything will be thrown out.  After a month of going back and forth with him on this I started the clean up on Friday and had 6 bags of trash ready to go out by the time he got home from school.  Then he helped me until almost 9pm.  We got up first thing this morning and finished it up.  It took about 7 hours yesterday of sorting and bagging.  Some things were to donate and some were just trash.  Then we worked on it about 2 hours today.

We'll let the pictures speak for themselves as to how bad it was!!




Here's the kiddo that made all this mess:

The cleaning included 16 bags of trash, 1 bag of clothes to donate and a big box of books to give away!
After it was all cleaned up Nathan said "My room is HUGE!"  I said I know it feels so big when it's clean!   His room is 15 ft by 14 ft so he does have a good size room!






Before his room was all cleaned up Nathan had started to sleep in his brother Jacob's room!  Jacob at least has 2 twin beds in his room.  Jacob is happy Nathan will be sleeping in his own room again!

No comments:

Post a Comment