Thursday, May 2, 2013

THM~ May

Back in January I decided I needed to take charge of my health and weight.  It was getting back up there again and I wasn't happy with myself.  Everything hurt and I was tired ALL the time.  Near the end of January a good friend of mine had posted on Facebook about a book she was reading and new way of eating she had started to follow.  I sent her a message after I read that to get more information.  I then decided yes I'm going to try this and ordered the book!   I had lunch with her one day before I ordered the book and decided that this could work for me too.

That day was January 28, 2013.  I stepped on the scale and saw the number was 207 lbs.  Now that's not my heaviest at one point in the past 5 years I had weighed in at 225 or so.  To be honest I don't even know if that was my heaviest as at that time I couldn't face the scale.

After my youngest was born in 2003 I worked extremely hard and watched everything I ate and lost all my weight and then some from having our 4 boys.  But I still didn't feel good.

This was after I had Nathan... probably in 2004 sometime:




I tried to keep it off but it wasn't happening.  I kept my weight down until my dad started to get sick then after he passed away 5 years ago I gained it all back plus MORE!  That was when I stepped on the scale and weighed in at 225!  I never even weighed that much when I was pregnant.  The most I weighed while pregnant was 180!

So here's a picture of me from August 2012 at an unknown weight that just made me  want to cry when I saw it:

In January of 2011 I cut all gluten out of my diet.  I was diagnosed with IBS, migraines and lactose intolerance.  Every bone in my body hurt after I would eat bread, pizza and pasta or baked goods!  I would have these week long/month long migraines that no medication would even take the edge off.  I would be in bed, in the dark or vomiting I hurt so bad!  I no longer have pain like that, no longer have migraines, no longer have IBS symptoms and I can eat dairy with NO problem!!

So with that problem solved ...........gluten free bagels were so yummy!  But little did I realize how unhealthy a  lot of gluten free stuff really is.

So a new way of eating was introduced to me by my friend.  I bought the book Trim Healthy Mama by Serene and Pearl and jumped right in!

So here I am 3 months later.  I've lost 24lbs so far and I am feeling so much better!



Here's a before and after.
unknown weight and now 183 lbs!



No comments:

Post a Comment