Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Baked Granola

I saw the recipe from Briana Thomas' blog and thought I would give it a try.  It is called Easy Granola.  She uses a dehydrator to make it but I don't have one so I tried it in the oven.  I also altered the recipe some.

Baked Granola (tweaked)

Mix together:
7 C cooked brown rice
7 C cooked old fashioned oats oatmeal
2 1/2 Tbs Truvia
1/8th tsp honey flavor
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp Chai Spice (Recipe)

Set oven to convection and preheat at 325.
I lined a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and smoothed out the oatmeal mixture.
I then placed it in the oven for 1 hour.  Once it was to that point I cut it into squares and flipped them and baked another hour.  Flipped again for 30 mins and again for another 30 mins.  Then broke them into small pieces and baked another 30 minutes to finish drying them out. Total bake time was 3 1/2 hours.

Place in a storage container or ziplock bag.  I put mine in the fridge.





I used it over Greek yogurt & Truvia sweetened strawberries.




1 comment: