Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Years Eve Snacks

Well the snacks are done and now we are waiting to ring in the New Year!  It's about 7:30pm here and hubby is still not home yet from work.  He has Jacob & Nathan with him so we are waiting on them to get here before digging in!

I've been asked about the horse art.  There is a little blurb at the end of this POST on how I made the horse art.  The horse picture itself was purchased from some online country home decor store probably 10  years ago, the chevron plywood I made and the frame I had.  I just glued it all together.






You can see the printables I made for tonight HERE.

HERE are the recipes for Brandy Slush, Lil' Smokies & Sausage Meatballs.

Mini Taco Bites
5 flour tortillas
1 lb ground turkey
1 pk taco seasoning
shredded cheese
diced onion & tomato
salsa, sour cream or other toppings of choice.

Brown meat and add taco seasoning per package directions.
Cut small circles out of the flour tortillas using a round cookie cutter, cup or lid.  I used the lid to my non stick cooking spray (washed it first).

Place cut outs on a cookie sheet, top with little meat mixture and cheese.  Bake at 350 until cheese is melted.  top with onions & tomatoes.  I did some with onions & tomatoes and some with out.  Serve with other garnishments like salsa, sour cream etc.

Steak Bruschetta
I had left over London broil from a previous nights dinner.
1 french bread baguette (I used Schar gluten free)
some horseradish sauce
onions & tomatoes

I cut the bread on thin angles and topped with a little olive oil.  Broiled until toasted.
Then lightly coated the bread with horseradish sauce, thinly sliced meat, onions & tomatoes and put back under the broiler for a few minutes until heated through.

Brownies- were 123 Gluten Free brownie mix.  I added semi sweet chocolate chips to them.  Topped with butter cream frosting and gold sugar sprinkles.

Meatballs-  were Aidells brand gluten free chicken meatballs. Cooked the same way the lil'Smokies were cooked.

Loaded Potatoes-  bake potatoes, let cool, scoop out insides (save for something else if you want), add shredded cheese & chopped crispy bacon.  Return to oven until cheese it melted.  Can add green onions and serve with sour cream.




Linked up with:



No comments:

Post a Comment