Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Framing a Horse Print

I found this horse print on The Graphics Fairy website and wanted to frame and hang it over our bed.

Here's what the original image looked like:




After playing with some of the editing tools on PicMonkey here's what I came up with.  I wanted it to look old and vintage!



 I uploaded it to Winkflash and had it printed to the size I wanted.

Luckily, I had a frame that was a free find and wanted to use it.  It came with a mat already but was the wrong size for the print.  I found and ordered a smaller mat off Amazon to fit the print.

I then took a flat spray paint and painted the mats an off white color.   I taped the mats together then taped the print to the back of the mats.

Now it looks like it was meant to be.

The print behind the smaller mat looked like this:


The print double matted:


Now it hangs on the wall.  I used a heavy duty wall anchor for the screw and some heavy weight capable picture wire to make sure it stays put!


No comments:

Post a Comment