Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Spaghetti Squash

We love spaghetti squash and we were looking for a healthier lasagna to make.

For my family I washed then cut in half  3 spaghetti squash.
Take the seeds out.
Place in pan upside down, add a little water to pan, bake at 400 for about 30 to 45 mins.  In my oven I baked them for 40 mins.

Take them out of the oven when tender.  Drain water from pan.

For the squash that I made.  I made 2 of the halves with a little 2% cottage cheese, spaghetti sauce with meat and topped with shredded Italian cheese blend.

For another half I put the spaghetti sauce, pepperoni and then cheese

For the rest I just did sauce and cheese.

I then placed them under the broiler until the cheese melted and just started to brown.  I then sliced the halves into half again to serve. 




Even Dozer enjoyed part of what one of the boys didn't eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment