Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Start of Christmas Decorating

This week I decorated the front porch & put up a tree in the breakfast room.

I saw  a JOY sign on DIY Network online and fell in love with it. 

My version didn't turn out as good as I had hoped and I might redo it on the other side of the board.  I used modge podge and placed letters cut out with cricut on it.  I used the Winnie The Pooh font cartridge.



Then I put a tree in the pot that sits on the other side of our front door.  I placed rocks from my flower bed around the base of the tree.

We put up Christmas village in the dining room.  I got the "new to me" buffet all painted but still haven't put the one door back on it yet.  



My boys decorated the tree in the kitchen/breakfast area.  I think it turned out great. I'm not a fan of colored lights but this tree came with colored lights already on it.   I plan to take those lights off the tree and replace them with the clear white lights.




There is still a little more decorating to do.

I love this time of year!

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment