Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas Mantel 2012

I kept seeing deer art on Pinterest and thought a red & white one would look good in my family room for Christmas.


I started out by priming a scrap piece of plywood.  I free handed a deer shape onto the wood and filled it in with some left over red paint.

I love the stockings! My Grandma made them for us.  She made one for each of the boys shortly after they were born so they had their stocking ready for their first Christmas.

Here's the deer fixed a little.  I changed his head some and he no longer looks like my dogs head....well the dog, Dozer, doesn't exactly have antlers but you know...the deer is more deer like now!



Front porch decorated.... HERE

Our mantel from 2010 and 2011


Linked to:  UndertheTableandDreaming
The Lettered Cottage

2 comments: