Saturday, September 27, 2014

In Memory of My Mom

My mom, Lorraine, came up for a visit.  It was so great to see her and spend time with her even though it was for a sad occasion.  She came up for her sister's, my Aunt Kim, memorial service. My Aunt Kim passed away in June. She flew in on Thursday morning.  Then Friday was the service and then we went to a luncheon afterwards.  On Saturday she had to fly back home to Georgia.

On Sunday morning we got a call from my sister.  She was so upset and at first I couldn't understand what she was saying.  Then I realized my mom had passed away.  That was September 21st.  She passed away early that morning from a heart attack at the age of 57.

September 21st is also Matthew's birthday.  He turned 16.  I can't believe he's 16 now!!  Time flies.

I am so glad we got to spend those few days with my mom and that the boys were able spend time with their grandmother.  It had been 4 years since we last saw her!   I miss her so much.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend when we saw her:




Here is one of my wedding pictures.  It's a picture of a picture though.  It's hard to believe both of my parents are gone.
My Dad, Mom, Me, Hubby & my sister Michelle.

God gained an amazing woman, mom, sister, daughter, friend, grandma on September 21st. My mom is now in heaven with her parents, her sister and my dad.  We love you Mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment