Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Christmas Stockings

I love the burlap & canvas Christmas stockings and decided to make my own.  I've also always wanted matching stockings for the 6 of us.

First I purchased a small drop cloth from Lowe's for about $5.  I bought the ribbon & buttons from Joann Fabrics.  The ribbon was $4.95 and the buttons were $1.29/pair.

I used my old stockings that my grandmother made to trace a pattern.  I cut it out and then traced it onto the canvas. Once the canvas was cut I then sewed them together.  I used the edges of the canvass for the loops to hang the stockings.  After they were put together I sewed on the ribbon and then the button.

The wooden letters I also found at Joann Fabrics and stained them with Early American Minwax stain.  I put a few coats of poly on them.  I haven't drilled holes in the yet to hang them with the stockings but I'll get to that soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment