Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bay Window Curtains

The kitchen is still a work in progress.  We finally got around to hanging the curtains the other day.  I purchased them from Target. I bought the  Farrah Floral panels in black for $16 a panel.

Here's is an in progress messy picture from sometime in December 2011.






Here's the window with the panels up. 




The sheer panels are from Meijer and were only about $4 or $5 a panel.    I do want to take the hem out of the curtain rod pocket of the sheers so they don't stick out above the top of the panels.  

It's so nice to be able to close them up in the afternoon as the sun beats in.  It's probably a good 10 degrees cooler in the kitchen now with the panels closed!

I bought 2 extra panels to go above the kitchen sink but I still need to hem them.  I think I'll hang matchstick blinds with those over the window sink.

2 comments:

  1. I was told that using the upper window would be difficult since the top of the window is nearly 8' above the floor. So far this has not been too bad, especially if not closed quite all the way, since I just go between the two windows and pull down like I use to. Having double hung, however, does not leave much room to grip, so a nice feature there perhaps would be a small embedded handle.
    Bellevue Window Company

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good read, It really is incredibly fantastic and informative website. Good to discover your site Very well article! keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete